Do you know why it’s important to have a proper skin care regimen? Keep reading to learn more about how Dr. Alex in Encino, CA, can help with your skincare routine.
Skin Health and Beauty
The health and beauty of your skin are important, and it all begins with a proper skincare routine. Your skin performs many important functions including protecting your vital organs and body systems. Your skin also helps you look your best. When your skin looks bad, you can look bad too. Dr. Alex can help you develop a skincare routine that’s right for your skin, and your environment. Dr. Alex at A E Skin in Encino, CA, offers comprehensive cosmetic products and services, including expert help with your skincare routine.
Proper Daily Skin Care
Proper daily skin care helps your skin to be:
- Free of bacteria, which can cause an infection
- Moisturized, so your skin doesn’t crack and leave an entry point for bacteria
- Beautiful, so you can look your best every day
Proper Skin Care Routine
On a daily basis, a proper skincare routine should include:
- Cleansing your skin using mild products like foaming cleansers or gels. Avoid soaps which can dry your skin
- After cleansing, pat your skin gently, leaving a small amount of moisture on the surface of your skin
- Use an alcohol-free toner to help balance the pH of your skin
- Use a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 sunscreen every day
Your environment has a lot to do with how your skin looks, so if it is hot and sunny where you live, you should:
- Apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 when you are outside
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. This helps to keep your skin from becoming dry
- Protect your vulnerable areas by wearing hats, glasses, and other clothing
Cold and Windy Weather
If it is cold and windy where you live, you should:
- Use a thick, alcohol-free cream or lotion moisturizer at least once each day
- Avoid long, hot baths or showers because they can dry your skin
- Wear protective clothing to shield your skin from cold and wind
To find out more about the importance of proper skin care, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Alex at A E Skin in Encino, CA. You can reach him in the office by calling (818) 835-1833, so call today.